Support the Idaho Humanities Council
For nearly 40 years, the Idaho Humanities Council has sponsored hundreds of projects and programs to promote understanding of literature, history, law, philosophy, and other humanities disciplines. IHC is one of only a dozen humanities councils in the nation that receives no state appropriation. As a non-profit organization, the Council needs your support. Your tax deductible donation will impact communities, cultural organizations and teachers around the state.
While it is true the IHC receives a portion of its budget from the National Endowment for the Humanities, the Council is dependent on gifts from individuals, foundations and organizations to support such programs as:
- The IHC Speakers Bureau - over 100 presentations made statewide each year
- The 75 annual “Let’s Talk About It” reading/discussion programs in 15 libraries (in partnership with the Idaho Commission for Libraries)
- IHC's Annual Distinguished Humanities Lectures and Dinners in Boise, Coeur d'Alene and Idaho Falls
- Smithsonian Institution traveling exhibitions made available to rural Idaho communities
- Annual weeklong summer teacher institutes on humanities themes at the College of Idaho in Caldwell
- And many other programs sponsored by the IHC through grants to museums, libraries, schools, and other organizations.
The IHC is not a state agency and in order to continue the programs that reach thousands of Idahoans each year, we need your support. The compelling promise of the public humanities is that they help us embrace fully the many possibilities of our individual and community lives.
We appreciate your support!